“Dialogues 2021 was transformational for my art practice. There are several keys to this:
* Our group, carefully-curated by MDP, was comprised of thoughtful, ambitious, practicing artists, each of us with unique perspectives that create a rich gestalt
* A safe environment for risk-taking, with just enough pressure to push ourselves to show up for each crit ready to give and receive generously
* Mark’s keen ability to offer original perspective, insight, and feedback that benefited us all, regardless of who was in the crit spotlight – and the success of virtual group crits, a platform that opens up possibility and opportunity for a broader mix of participants
* Peer support and community at a crucial time during Covid-19 isolation and in the first years after completing my MFA, both within the virtual group sessions and an online platform that we use for discussion and resource-sharing
* The value of Dialogues 2021 continues – off the back of this successful experience we decided to continue by retaining Mark Devereux for ongoing virtual group crits
I can’t recommend Mark Devereux Projects enough – value for money and an important companion and resource on this artist journey.”
Kelly O’Brien has undertaken numerous workshops and courses with us, including participation in Dialogues 2021. We continue to meet regularly and offer support for her developing practice.